Monday 30 May 2011

Inspiration Monday - Doorknobs

 I wrote this post to go along with last weeks post about inspiring doors . 

Ok , your probably thinking, doorknobs, really? How much variety can there be in  doorknobs. Well you would be surprised, I know I was. Check these out:


Hmm, the universe in your hands!




I like this handle style, this is the kind of knobs they use in Germany. I find these easier for arthritic  hands to use, also good for hands covered in massage oil!


 How about a strange face

 I love the simplicity and clean lines of this one

 I love the crystal doorknobs, I am collecting them as I find them for my interior doors.

 Ornate lions head knob

I have several like this that I will find a use for in my upstairs bathroom, love the blue colour


Purdy and yet gaudy at the same time, love them!


I seriously love the blue one, I would have these all over my house.


A wicker doorknob, who knew?


When you run out of room to display your native art collection, incorporate it into the doorknob.
 Another representation from the animal kingdom


 This is a cool looking doorknob, but I would always be scared of shattering it if I squeezed too hard.

I like this, looks like it would be at home in a castle.

This one looks like it belonged to Merlin the wizard!


This one belongs on the door to a romantic bedroom.

For those germaphobes that don't like to shake hands...let your door do it for you!




Knobs for your seaside cottage

I guess these are more handles then knobs, either way , they sure make a statement.


For the wine lover of the house.


For your dungeon


Not sure why the bird is pecking the guys brains out, but it's definitely a conversation starter


Elegant hand, probably more of a knocker than a doorknob, but I thought it was cute, so it stays

So which ones did you like? Do you have any unusual doorknobs in your home?

Did you like this post? Share it! Tweet it! "Like" The Eclectic Ark on Facebook! Thanks, your awesome,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, Rhianna

The Eclectic Ark