Tuesday 2 June 2015

30/30 Challenge - Day 30


Whew, well here it is the last day of the challenge. I decided to go a visit a park I had totally forgotten existed. This is Minoru Park in the center of Richmond. The south end consists of tracks and fields for sporting events. It is surrounded by a large rec center, a shopping mall, apartment buildings and the local hospital. It is the most manicured of the parks I visited and yet surprisingly had the most wildlife of them all.

 I parked in the free parking behind the rec center and came out to a small kids park with the track in the background.

I turned right and followed this path to the north end of the park where the lakes and gardens are.

If you ever need pinecones for a craft project, there are tons of them here!

Lots of lovely old large trees, that if I was more nimble, I would have loved to climb!


Crossed this little bridge to the lakes

Lots of squirrels everywhere.


Love these giant plants

Pretty vistas to soothe the eyes



Lawn bowling green in the park




Love a good willow tree!






There is the cutest little chapel ever, I am sure it must get used a lot for weddings! Its in the west corner of the park, just behind the hospital.

 



Love these two gorgeous trees beside the chapel

 


and who doesn't love a cute rabbit!



Considering that this park is right in the middle of the city with main arteries bordering all sides, it was remarkably quiet. With the exception of the occasional ambulance siren there wasn't a lot of street noise to be heard. There were tons of songbirds, ducks, rabbits and squirrels all over the park, none of whom seemed to mind the human interlopers. A great oasis to get away from the bustle of the city without going anywhere and lots of places for various forms of exercise. A great use of city space and two thumbs up from me!

I am glad I did this challenge. I ended walking over 65 km this month, lost 6 pounds and posted almost 600 photos (575) . I probably spent four times as long processing photos and writing blog posts about my walks than I did actually going on the walks! That part got tedious as it was taking up a huge part of my day and my eyes are not happy with me at all.

I loved exploring all the parks and finding all the green spaces around me. I will definitely keep going for walks but without the pressure to document every step. I hope you enjoyed seeing my world through my eyes. I encourage you to get out and explore your local parks and trails.  Don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way!

I kind of like the idea of 30 day challenges so I am starting a new one for June. This months challenge is to spend 30 minutes a day for 30 days studying something I have always wanted to learn. I have decided to study Tarot Cards. There is a lot of memorizing involved, so by breaking it up into small manageable chunks, I think it will make it easier.

 Don't worry , I wont be blogging about it, but I encourage you to pick something you have always wanted to learn and spend 30 minutes a day working on it. I would love to hear your stories!





Did you like this post? Share it! Tweet it! "Like" The Eclectic Ark on Facebook! Thanks, your awesome,

2 comments:

  1. That chapel is adorable. I'm glad you did the 30 day challenge too. I've really enjoyed your photographs, you're a great photographer. Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, Rhianna

The Eclectic Ark